Arkansas may not be the first state that comes to mind when thinking about paddle boarding, but it’s home to some of the most scenic and serene bodies of water in the country. With crystal-clear waters, diverse wildlife, and breathtaking landscapes, Arkansas has everything you need for a paddle boarding adventure.
To help you plan your next trip, we’ve compiled a list of the best launch locations in Arkansas for paddle boarding, complete with exact launch locations and why they’re the best spots to go. Ready to start planning your Arkansas adventure? Let’s go!
Lake Ouachita is the largest lake in Arkansas and one of the cleanest in the country, with more than 200 islands and 40,000 acres of clear water to explore. One thing you might notice when you pull up to Lake Ouachita is the color of the water. It’s bright. It’s clear. And it’s beautiful.
Plus with its size, there are plenty of places to drop in, get lost, and spend time by yourself in nature. The best way to charge your batteries, clear your mind, and start having fun.
There are several launch locations along the lake, including:
- Brady Mountain: located on the north shore of Lake Ouachita, this launch location offers easy access to the lake, ample parking, and restroom facilities.
- Tompkins Bend: located on the west end of the lake, Tompkins Bend offers plenty of parking, a sandy beach, and a pavilion for picnicking. You can also camp overnight at the campground. For more information about camping rates and reservations, click here.
- Denby Point: located on the south shore of the lake, Denby Point offers a marina, boat ramp, and plenty of parking. And just like our previous location, it offers adventurers a full campground for easy access to the water during your stay.
Lake Ouachita is the perfect spot for beginners and experienced paddle boarders alike. With its pristine waters, incredible scenery, and diverse wildlife, you won’t want to miss out on this Arkansas gem.
Nestled in the Ouachita Mountains, Lake Catherine is a smaller lake but still offers plenty of space for paddle boarding.
One of the best launch locations at Lake Catherine is Catherine’s Landing, an RVC Outdoor Destination. Located on the eastern shore of the lake, Catherine’s Landing offers ample parking, restrooms, and other amenities. The marina also offers rentals, so you don’t have to bring your own board if you don’t have your own adventure Atoll iSUP just yet.
This is a great place to hang out during the sunset. Often at this time, the wind dies down and the water becomes calm. As the silence envelopes you, take it all in from the best seat in the house – on your Atoll iSUP. You won’t regret it.
Lake Fayetteville is a small lake located in the Ozark Mountains, but don’t let its size fool you. With its clear water and peaceful setting, Lake Fayetteville is a great spot for paddle boarding.
One of the best launch locations at Lake Fayetteville is Lake Fayetteville Park. The park offers easy access to the water, as well as parking, restrooms, and other amenities.
If you’re looking for a calm place to enjoy the sun, take it some views, and connect deeply with nature, Lake Fayetteville is the place for you! Plus, with a bike lane surrounding the area, you can have fun on and off the water.
Buffalo National River
If you’re looking for a more adventurous paddle boarding experience, the Buffalo National River is the place to go. With its clear water, towering bluffs, and diverse wildlife, the Buffalo National River is an unforgettable experience on the water. Just look at the picture below!
Truly an unforgettable place to SUP.
There are several launch locations along the Buffalo National River, including:
- Tyler Bend: located in the middle of the river, Tyler Bend offers easy access to the water, ample parking, and restrooms.
- Dillard’s Ferry: located on the lower section of the river, Dillard’s Ferry offers a boat ramp, ample parking, and other amenities.
- Pruitt Landing: located on the upper section of the river, Pruitt offers a boat ramp, parking, and restrooms. Plus with easy access to nearby trails, you’re in for a real treat!
If you’re seeking an exciting paddle boarding experience, Beaver Lake in Arkansas is a great destination to check out. Besides the obvious beauty of the surroundings, visitors can rent paddleboards (if you don’t have an Atoll iSUP just yet), canoes, and kayaks to explore the lake and enjoy the quiet and peaceful environment. The lake is also a great spot for camping, with Big Clifty campground nearby. For a calm day of kayaking or paddleboarding, visitors can head to Lake Leatherwood City Park. Guided tours are also available for those who want to explore the lake with an experienced guide.
But if you’re more of the adventurous type – there are several launch locations around the lake, including:
- Dam Site Park: located on the west side of the lake, Dam Site Park offers a boat ramp, parking, restrooms, and picnic areas.
- Hickory Creek Park: located on the east side of the lake, Hickory Creek Park offers a boat ramp, fishing dock, and picnic areas.
- Prairie Creek Park: located on the northwest side of the lake, Prairie Creek Park offers a boat ramp, fishing dock, parking, and restrooms.
No matter which launch location you choose, you’re sure to have a great time paddle boarding on Beaver Lake.
We hope your enjoyed checking out these 5 great places for SUP in Arkansas! Ready to start planning your next trip? Before you go, be sure to check out the best board built for your adventures near and far – an Atoll iSUP.
And until next time, remember to adventure on!